Do you want to learn Digital Marketing self for free and you are not getting the proper answer on how to learn, from where to learn, and what is the best way to self-learn Digital marketing? Don’t worry. I will tell you everything about Digital Marketing in this article and I will show you the best way to self-learn Digital Marketing how you can learn it for free and how you can make a good career in it. Before we get started, let me tell you one thing if you are committed, consistent and hard working you can get success in digital marketing in a very short time let’s say 6-12 months or before that. So without further delay let’s jump into it.
What is digital marketing?
It’s crucial to know every learning what is it. So before learning the digital marketing we should know what is the definition of digital marketing-
Digital Marketing is getting the customers for business via digital or online mediums by using channels like social media, advertising, search engine rankings, and website.
Earlier people used TV, Radio and Newspaper or magazines to know about the products. But today they are using online platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and reading the articles on blogs and websites on the internet. So in digital marketing, we learn how to get customers for a business using these online platforms. Digital Marketing is a vast field and the best way to self-learn Digital Marketing is to have good knowledge of the following-
Search Engine Optimization(SEO).
Search Engine Marketing(SEM).
Social media marketing.
Pay Per click.
Mobile App Marketing.
And so on.
P.S. Anyone can learn it. It doesn’t require any particular stream or any particular degree. If you are a 12th standard student, an undergraduate, or a working professional, you can do it. All you need to have a laptop, a mobile phone, and an internet connection.
P.S.S. Digital Marketing is the booming field and if you can have a particular skill like SEO, Ads expertise in Google or Facebook, or Know Automation, you can get a handsome job in your mailbox with a decent salary that you never except.
Now let’s go to our practical aspect of how you can learn digital marketing.
1. OWN A WEBSITE & WEB DEVELOPING
This is the first thing and the best way to self-learn Digital Marketing that you have to do as there is a saying practice makes a man perfect. If you have your own website in a particular niche, you can practice whatever you learn on this website. For instance, if you want to become the Google or Facebook ads expert. Where will you do the practice to have a good hand in it? Similarly, if you want to become an SEO expert, how will you do on-page SEO or off-page SEO and make search engines, like Google to rank your website at the top? Moreover, how can you learn effectively Email marketing without having knowledge the email marketing tools? On the other hand, as you know how to create a website then you also earn a good income. One of my friends charges 20k for only building the 5 pages website.
Let me tell you digital marketing is not the thing that you can learn from books, read the articles or acquire knowledge from Wikipedia. So the simple strategy to learn digital marketing is to have a website and practice with it what you learn.
This gives you the data from which location your customers or leads come. Analytics also tells you about age, gender, behavior, and the time spent by users on your website. This is the very first thing that you should know. This is a free tool and once you have a particular niche website, you become the expert in it and can earn a good income. You can search for the salary of a digital marketer on LinkedIn or the web.
3. SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION(SEO)
The strategy to get ranked “high” in search engines after optimizing your website is called SEO. You write content or articles and optimize them with images, backlinks, and title description, your site ranks high in the search engine. From this, you get qualified traffic which helps your site awareness. Google Search Console is a free SEO tool for website owners. And if you have a good SEO expert, you get a good job. The following are the types of SEO how you can rank higher in the search engine –
- ON-PAGE SEO- In this type of SEO, you make your content or article SEO friendly so that it may rank higher in the search engine. If someone searches for a particular issue and your article can solve this or has a solution for it. In this, you send the relevancy signals by your content to the search engines. On-page SEO includes title tag, meta description, page speed, content length, H1 tag, internal links, images alt rage, LSI keywords, and URL keywords.
- OFF-PAGE SEO- In this type of SEO, all the things depend on your article readers. They search for you on the web and they visit your site, spend some time. It also includes linking your website or blog by some other personal website or blog. Like you write articles and put someone’s website link in your blog post and vice versa. You can also write content for publishers or some website owners as a guest post and there you put the URL of your website. In this way, you get the backlink for your website.
- Technical SEO- This type of SEO includes your website structure, how your pages are related to each other via coding, and images compression. In this way, your website also gets a high ranking on the search engine.
4. SEARCH ENGINE MARKETING(SEM)
Search engine marketing basically the marketing on search engines via publishing the ads for a particular brand website through paid ads. As I said the Best way to self-learn Digital Marketing id to have the website. So if you have your own website you know it better. These ads include Facebook ads, tweeter ads, LinkedIn ads, and Google ads. Once you know it and how to create these types of ads, you become a high-income digital marketer.
But the only way to learn SEM do it practically after learning it.
5. AFFILIATE MARKETING- Affiliate Marketing is one of the best ways to learn and earn in a very short time. In this type of marketing, you promote someone product after writing the article about that product. You go to the companies, register as an affiliate, and companies give you an affiliate link through which you promote their products. Let’s say you blog about weight loss. Then you promote the methods and some supplement about weight loss. If someone purchases this product through your affiliate link, you get a commission as an affiliate. Kulwant Nagi is a big brand of affiliate marketing. You can visit his blog Bloggingcage.com. He writes the article about digital marketing products and gets money for helping companies in selling their products.
P.S. If you have your own website you can also do affiliate marketing after promoting the companies products.
6. EMAIL MARKETING Email marketing is the best way to engage with your audience. Many companies and business owners often use this marketing to promote their service or product to the audience. Audiences subscribe for a particular course or a product and get different emails from companies or business owners. These emails are usually of the following subjects-
- Welcome emails
- Thank you emails
- Follow up emails for a particular product or service
- Blog post subscription letters
- Some sales emails.
7. SOCIAL MEDIA MARKETING(SMM)
In social media marketing, you increase brand awareness, drive traffic to the website for sales, and generate leads for your business. You may have seen some sponsored or news feed ads or short videos about product or service on the following channels –
So we use moslty the above channels for SMM.
8. PAY PER CLICK
It is a method in order to drive traffic or increase the sales after creating an ad and you pay to a digital platform every time your ad is clicked.
The following are the examples of PPC –
- Google ads- Google allows your ad to show on different fields that Google owns. The ad contains the website link and you pay every time when your ad is clicked.
- Facebook ads- This is a powerful way of advertising as millions of people use Facebook. And you can create the ad whom you want to show according to the location, gender, and age. It publishes your ad as video as, image ad, slideshow and shows them to your audience what you have created in the news feed.
- Tweeter ads- These types of ads are created because they drive traffic, bring more followers, for business, and for app downloads, etc. However, these ads are costly than Facebook ads.
- Sponsored messages on LinkedIn – in this, users may pay for sending the message to other users of LinkedIn according to their business.
9. CONTENT MARKETING
It is writing the content for increasing sales, brand awareness, growth in traffic, and lead generation. Once you write good content, your popularity also increases in the market and the audience feels good to read your content. They become your subscribers and you get paid for a service or product that they consume. This includes –
- Article post – You have a website and you write content because you want to increase the popularity of your brand.
- Free e-Books and whitepapers – Free E-Books and whitepapers also help you to increase your sales if you provide them to your audience regularly.
- Infographics – Besides the article post, you also post some infographics on your website because it helps your audience in their business or growth.
10. MOBILE APP MARKETING
It includes developing the Mobile App, manages them, publishes them, creates awareness about your app, and encouraging people to buy the app.
11. MARKETING AUTOMATION
It refers to get your work done automatically. Zapier is one of the best examples of marketing automation. By using Zapier, you can capture the data of your lead such as emails, names, and phone numbers. Through Zapier you can integrate the tasks that you like. Sending emails and messages after subscription, capturing the data of your audience on Google sheet, and connect the different app for your work are some best features of zapier.
I hope you find the best way to self-learn Digital Marketing in this article according to your needs.